* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, or taking any medications, consult your health care provider before taking this product. This product contains NO yeast, wheat, corn, milk, egg, soy, glutens, artificial colors, sugar, starch, preservatives, caffeine or flavoring.
Why should I use ACID √ Check™ granules?
Robert Burns, AC Sports’ (Acid Check) Chief Scientific Officer, established titration curves and flavor profiles for a range of highly acidic foods. His objective was to establish the amount of Alka-Myte™ (in the form of Acid Check™ granules) needed to remove 90% of the acid in the food and to identify the amount of acid removed at the peak flavor point. Previous studies have indicated that we can remove 90% of the acid in many foods without negatively changing the taste or “bite” of the food.
The tests revealed some valuable insights.
1. The acidity level of certain food products varies considerably. Fresh fruit is especially variable.
2. Many foods improve their flavor profile when a significant amount of the acid is removed.
3. Flavor palates can be very subjective.
4. The amount of Acid Check™ needed to remove 90% of the acid in single serving quantities is usually quite small; often too small to make the measurement in teaspoons meaningful.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has recognized the ingredients are classified as “generally recognized as safe” (GRAS) under the Code of Federal Regulations and are a “food additive” when used to neutralize food and beverage acidity. Over consumption seldom causes problems.
Alka-Myte ™ granules are tasteless and quickly neutralize the acids in foods and beverages. Sodium and potassium bicarbonates have distinctive tastes that are difficult to blend with foods.
Consumers typically shake a salt shaker three times when spicing their food. The 2 ounce shaker bottle is designed to deliver about 0.16 grams with three shakes (about 1/24 teaspoon).
Why should an athlete take ACID √ Check™ granules?
Many athletes experience trauma in the mouth and throat from exposure to excessive amounts of organic acids and sugar which they consume in the foods and beverages they use during training and competition. This can result in:
- Inflammation in tissue in the mouth and throat.
- Canker sores.
- Excess acid build up in the stomach.
How EFFECTIVE are ACID √ Check granules?
What are the active ingredients?
Are the Ingredients SAFE?
Our Alka-Myte® formulas are rated GRAS. The FDA defines GRAS as Generally Regarded As Safe.
Alka-Myte® products have no major side effects.
Are the Ingredients HEALTHY?
How are ACID √ Check granules used?
What is ACID √ Check’s shelf life?
The Alka-Myte® compound in ACID √ Check is very stable and can be stored for up to 3 years with no significant potency loss.